Growing up in the 90's meant a lot of things. We had the privilege of watching movies on VCR (minus the pain of having to rewind them before returning them to Blockbuster), we were able to say we jogged holding our massive Walkman's (mine was lime green and I thought I looked like a rockstar running through my suburban nieghborhood), we got to play Super Mario Bros on Nintendo 64 and who could forget about jelly shoes and scrunchies and the fact that we literally treated our Tomagatchi's like our children. I was at my Granny's the other day and I wore a pair of white jelly sandals - she almost had a heart attack, 'Oh my god! Those are back in style?! Are you kiddin' me Chantal, you wore those when you were three years old!' When my friends and I were bored we just started playing 'Miss Mary Mack' or 'Cats Cradle' and if we needed to determine who got the last Warhead, rock-paper-sissors was used to solve the issue. Now, I may not have been old enough to fully experience all aspects of '90's FASHION', but I can definitely embrace it in my twenties by wearing sheer pastel crop tops + ultra baggy light wash denim--Wranglers and Tommy Hilfiger to be exact. Anna is like a goddess--tall and beautiful with striking features. I've never really had the chance to hangout with her before this shoot, we know each other through mutual friends, so it was fun getting to know her. We spent the afternoon wandering downtown Saskatoon, talking about boys and partaking in some Saskatoon gossip. It felt like we were walking through a big city with interconnected streets and cool little shops. For a day, it was nice to feel like an extra in the first season of Sex and the City. Icing on the cake: the photos turned out amazing (thanks Gary!). I wasn't able to decide on only 10 so I included them all ;). Here's what Anna thinks about the 90's:
1. What was the best part about growing up in the 90's? The best part about the 90s is definitely the music and the care free vibe that it had! My best memories were made in that decade.
2. What song do you currently have on repeat? The song I have on repeat is tough because I have 3 in my rotation but if I was to choose one it would have to be Sia- Chandelier.
3. Lipstick or eyeliner? Definitely lipstick! I have a slight obsession and a good collection going so far.
4. What do you have coming up? Any future plans with modelling? I'm not sure what's in store for me in terms of modelling. I have a lot of ideas for shoots I would love to do and I have a few photographers I would love to work with, so we will see what happens.
5. Your ideal Boyfriends Closet would be: Bob Dylan, Harry Styles or Nayvadius Cash (AKA Future)? My ideal boyfriends closet is Harry Styles, because I could get a lot more use out of his closet. Big t shirts, plaid shirts, toques and scarfs! His style is right up my alley!